Volunteers for this program:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must complete our attached application.
- Must agree to a home visit by our Foster Program Coordinator.
- Must provide requested medical information for all personal pets that would be in contact with the foster animal(s).
- Must sign the foster agreement pertaining to the animal(s) you are fostering.
- Must provide in-home care for K9CPRHAA animals assigned under the foster program and return animals to K9CPRHAA on the date specified in contract.
- Must keep appropriate weight, medication and/or behavioral records on the foster animal(s) while in your care, Send weekly progress report card to Foster Coordinator via email — email@example.com or take a picture of the report that is clearly readable and text it to us, also present a profile of the animal to K9 Connection upon return.
This program is an opportunity for you to:
- Help the K9CPRHAA save more animals by providing a temporary home to a dog in need so we can take in more animals from other shelters
- Give love and affection to an animal that is so young that yours will be the first safe human interactions for that animal and will give a lasting foundation for human interaction to that baby.
- Provide a safe environment for frightened or under socialized animals that have not learned humans can be trusted. You can help them learn new behaviors and better ways to interact.
Thank you for your interest! If you would like to receive additional information, please contact us. Or, you may complete the attached application.
Note: The Foster Program is entirely staffed by volunteers. Services performed by an individual are of a voluntary nature and are without any express or implied promise of salary, compensation, employment, or payment of any kind.