The procedure for adopting a dog is as follows:
- Please click on the button above and complete the application.
- After your application has been received, our adoption coordinator will conduct a phone interview with you to discuss K9CPRHA in general and specifically any rescue dogs that would be a good match for you. A home check from one of our volunteers is necessary to complete the process.
- The minimum tax deductible donation, at the time of adoption, for a K9CPRHA dog is $600. The donation for a puppy is $700 – $800.
- We reserve the right to refuse an applicant if, in our opinion, the home situation is not compatible with the needs of a K9CPRHA dog. We require that the dog be maintained primarily as an indoor dog and cannot be chained or left unattended in a yard.
- Please note that we are a private rescue, not a shelter, and we receive many applications per dog per day. We do not have the volunteers to follow up on all of the applications received, so we will only be contacting the applicant that best fits the needs of the dog. We hope you understand and will continue looking at our website for other dogs that become available.
Thank you for inquiring about adopting a dog through K9 Connection Pet Re-Homing and Adoption. If you can provide the special home a San Diego dog deserves, we will offer you a dog that will be a wonderful addition to your family.
We have successfully placed thousands of dogs in loving homes. All K9CPRHA dogs have had a physical exam, are neutered or spayed, immunized, and micro-chipped. Most dogs come to us from backyard breeders, dog pounds where they are scheduled to be euthanized, homes where there has been a move, a divorce, allergies, or just not enough quality time to spend with the dog. Our organization is comprised of hard-working volunteers whose only reward is seeing these wonderful dogs placed in loving homes and given a second chance for a happy life.
K9 Connection Pet Re-Homing and Adoption